Five Ingredient Cacao and Date Bites
I love making simple and delicious vegan recipes, and this is another quick one. These cacao and date bites have only five ingredients and are so easy to make. There is no baking required – just grab your food processor and you’re good to go!
This recipe will make around 15 teaspoon sized bites. If you want to make larger ones, or a greater quantity just double the ingredients.
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of dried dates
- 2 Tbsp of cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Start by softening the dates in boiling water for around 5 - 10 minutes, then drain (this will help with blending and gives a smoother finish to the bites)
- Next, melt the coconut oil in the microwave for around 10 seconds or so, or in a pot over a low heat
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth
- Roll into bite-sized balls using a teaspoon, or use a tablespoon if you want them to be a bit bigger
- Store in the refrigerator until set, then enjoy
- If you don't have almond meal available, you can substitute this for whole raw almonds. Just be mindful that you may need to blend for a lot longer to get a smooth finish, or leave the bites with almond pieces in them for some added texture.
- You can also try out different flavour combinations like peppermint essence or coffee, instead of the vanilla extract. You can also roll the bites in desiccated coconut or cacao powder to give a different finish.