Dark Chocolate and Peppermint Truffles
Perfect as a gift idea for Valentines Day, these dark chocolate and peppermint truffles are delicious and a breeze to make. With coconut cream, dark chocolate, butter and peppermint essence they have a decadent ganache type centre that any chocolate lover will love!
If you’re dairy-free you can try using coconut oil instead of the butter, and make sure that your dark chocolate is 100% vegan. You can also try different flavours by substituting the peppermint essence for vanilla, raspberry or coffee liquor.
I’ve rolled mine in cocoa powder, but you could also try rolling in finely chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
- 1/3 cup of full fat coconut cream
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 cups of chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp of peppermint essence
- In a heat-proof bowl, combine the coconut cream, butter, dark chocolate and peppermint essence
- Place over a medium pot of water, and gently melt the ingredients over a low heat
- Be careful not to burn the chocolate by stirring regularly
- Stir until all of the ingredients have melted together, and you have a smooth ganache consistency
- Place the bowl in the fridge or freezer for 1 - 2 hours, or until set
- Once set, remove from the fridge and roll into balls
- If the mixture becomes too warm while rolling, pop back into the fridge until cooled again
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder and place back in the fridge until serving