Dark Chocolate, Cashew and Sea Salt Fudge
This dark chocolate fudge is salty, decadent and a must-try recipe for any chocolate lover. I love the combination of the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate, against the saltiness of the added sea salt.
The addition of the cashew nuts also gives the fudge some added texture and crunch, but you can leave this out if you prefer a completely smooth fudge.
This recipe is perfect for Valentines Day – just make it the day before so that the fudge has enough time to set.
- 450g of good quality dark chocolate
- 1 x 395g can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of raw cashew nuts
- Start by finely chopping up the dark chocolate
- Place in a heat-proof bowl, along with the condensed milk, sea salt, butter and vanilla extract
- Place a medium-sized pot of water over a low heat, and place the heat-proof bowl over top
- Gently melt the ingredients together, stirring regularly, for around 10 minutes or until completely melted and combined
- Coarsely chop up the raw cashew nuts and fold in to the fudge mixture
- Line an 8 inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, and pour the fudge mixture in
- Sprinkle with some sea salt on top, and place in the fridge for at least 3 - 4 hours or until set
- Once set, chop into squares (I made about 16 squares) and keep stored in the refrigerator until serving
- Try making a delicious peppermint fudge by swapping out the vanilla extract for peppermint essence.