Easy Coconut Ice
Coconut ice is one of those classic treat recipes and is a great one to make with kids. This recipe is super simple to make, with only four ingredients required!
For this recipe you will need a can of sweetened condensed milk, icing sugar, desiccated coconut and a drop of food colouring.
I’ve gone with the classic pink and white combination, but you can also try adding some cocoa for a chocolate hint, or other combinations of food colouring. Blue would be great if you’re making this for a baby shower!
I’ve also made this previously with a drop of peppermint essence – it adds a delicious and refreshing twist to the recipe and is great with a cocoa base.
- 200g of Sweetened Condensed Milk (about half a can)
- 175g of desiccated coconut (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 225g of icing or powdered sugar (about 1 4/5 cups)
- Food colouring of your choice
- In a medium-sized bowl, pour in the condensed milk
- Sift in the icing sugar and stir well until combined (this may take about 5 minutes or so)
- Next, add in the desiccated coconut and fold until evenly combined
- If you want a half and half look like the classic recipe, divide the mixture into two bowls
- In one half, add a very small drop of red or pink food colouring
- Mix well again until the colour has been evenly distributed
- Line a square tin or tupperware container, and add in the coloured mixture
- Using your hand, press the mixture down until it is fairly even
- Next, add in the plain half and again press down until smooth
- Place in the freezer for around an hour or until set, or in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 hours
- Once set, cut into 12 pieces and store in the refrigerator until serving
- The mixture will look quite dry when you first add in the icing sugar - keep stirring and it will mix together.