Moroccan Inspired Chickpea Salad
This Moroccan inspired chickpea salad is full of spices and makes the perfect side dish for dinner or lunch. With chickpeas, carrot, sultanas, dates and spices this is packed full of protein and flavour. Perfect for vegetarians or vegans (just leave out the mayonnaise if you’re dairy-free).
The sweet chilli sauce in this recipe gives the salad a great spicy kick. I’ve also added a tablespoon of mayonnaise to make it creamier, but you can leave this out and it will still be packed full of flavour.
You could also try adding some fresh coriander or mint to give the salad a twist!
- 2 x cans of chickpeas (420g each)
- 1 x large carrot
- 1 x spring onion
- 1/2 cup of sultanas
- 1/4 cup of chopped dried dates
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1 Tbsp of mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Start by rinsing and draining the chickpeas, and add to a medium sized bowl
- Peel and grate the carrot, and add to the chickpeas
- Finely dice the spring onion and add to the bowl, along with the sultanas and chopped dates
- Add the garlic salt, cumin and curry powder and stir well to combine
- Add the mayonnaise and chilli sauce and stir through the salad to coat all the ingredients evenly
- Store in the fridge until serving