Penne with Broccoli, Garlic and Sundried Tomatoes
Here we have another delicious pasta recipe for you, this time with penne pasta, broccoli, garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner option!
This is a great dish for vegetarians as it is still filling and full of flavour. You can also easily make this dairy-free or vegan by omitting the feta cheese.
If you don’t have any sundried tomatoes, it would still taste delicious with fresh tomatoes or try adding mushrooms or bell peppers as an alternative.
This recipe will serve 4, and we usually make a big batch to have for dinner and then take leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 400g of penne pasta
- 1 medium-large sized broccoli
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of sundried tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ cup of crumbled feta
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 - 2 Tbsp of pine nuts
- Bring a large pot of seasoned water to the boil over a medium heat
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces, and place in a steamer over the pot of boiling water
- Steam the broccoli until just cooked, but still green and crisp
- Remove the steamer, and add the penne pasta to the boiling water
- Cook the pasta for around 6 – 8 minutes, or until al dente (check the instructions per your packet of pasta)
- Meanwhile, finely dice the garlic and chop the sundried tomatoes into strips
- Place a skillet over a medium heat, and add the olive oil, garlic and sundried tomatoes
- Sauté the garlic and sundried tomatoes until they soften
- Add the broccoli to the pan, and season with the dried herbs, salt and pepper
- Drizzle with a squeeze of lemon over the top
- Cook briefly for around 5 minutes or so
- Drain the pasta and add to a large serving dish
- Top with the broccoli mixture and toss well to combine
- Crumble the feta and add fresh basil on top before serving
- You could also try Parmesan cheese on top, or serve without cheese for a vegan option.
- Penne with Broccoli, Garlic and Tomatoes - Yum Goggle - […] GET THE RECIPE […]