Red Quinoa Greek Style Salad
This red quinoa salad is perfect for the warmer weather and is full of Greek flavours with red onion, feta, olives and tomatoes.
I like to serve this as a side dish with other cooked vegetables and protein, but you could easily have it as a main dish for lunch or a light dinner.
I’ve used vegetable stock in cooking the quinoa to give it some more flavour, but you can simply use water to cook the quinoa if you prefer.
- 1 cup of red quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vegetable stock (or substitute for water)
- 1 cup of cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup of sliced black or green olives (sliced or whole)
- ½ a red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of crumbled or cubed feta (optional)
- 1 cup of diced fresh or sundried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- ½ a lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, add the quinoa, water and vegetable stock
- Cover and bring to the boil over a medium heat
- Turn down to a lower heat and simmer for around 10 – 15 minutes (or according to your packets instructions), until all of the the liquid has been absorbed
- Add to a large salad bowl and allow to cool down
- Once cooled, add the chopped cucumber, olives, red onion, feta and tomatoes
- Toss to combine with the quinoa
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper
- Whisk to combine and pour over the salad before serving
- You can also try adding some fresh herbs to the salad – parsley in particular would go well!