Simple Cherry Tomato and Garlic Pasta
Simple wholemeal pasta with fresh cherry tomatoes and garlic. A delicious and easy recipe for your next dinner or lunch.
This recipe uses simple and fresh ingredients to give you a tasty yet easy meal. Combining wholemeal pasta, cherry tomatoes, garlic, fresh or dried herbs and olive oil.
- 200g of wholemeal pasta
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 - 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for serving (optional)
- Start by dicing the cherry tomatoes into half or quarters, depending on size
- In a medium-large pot, bring seasoned water to the boil and add the wholemeal pasta
- Boil for around 10 - 12 minutes, or until al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan over a low-medium heat
- Add the diced garlic, and sauté until the garlic starts to colour
- Add the dried herbs and the cherry tomatoes, stirring to coat the tomatoes in the garlic and herbs
- Cook the tomatoes for around 10 minutes, or until softened
- Remove the pasta once cooked, and drain
- Add the pasta and cherry tomatoes to a large serving dish
- Season with salt and pepper, and chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- You can also add some grated parmesan to the pasta before serving (or nutritional yeast if you are looking for a vegan option).