Simple Potato and Leek Soup
In today’s post we have another delicious and warming vegan soup recipe for you. This potato and leek soup is super smooth and creamy, and really simple to make.
It took me around 20 minutes to make this soup which makes it a perfect weeknight recipe (especially when it’s cold outside)!
I’ve used coconut milk instead of regular cream again for this recipe which makes it 100% dairy-free. If you do eat dairy you can substitute the coconut milk for cream.
- 1 leek, rinsed and diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or cream)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil (or butter)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pan, add the butter and diced leeks
- Sauté over a medium heat for around 8 - 10 minutes, or until the leek has started to soften
- Add the cubed potatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk
- Bring to the boil then turn down and simmer for around 10 minutes, or until the potatoes have cooked through
- Season with salt and pepper, and blend in the pot with a stick blender, or spoon into a regular blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into two bowls and serve immediately
- You can garnish with some diced spring onion, pine nuts, and extra coconut milk for a delicious topping.