Smoked Paprika and Chilli Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are a great healthy snack alternative and incredibly easy to make. These roasted chickpeas have been coated in smoked paprika, chilli powder and a squeeze of lime juice for a delicious and flavourful snack.
These chickpeas make a great gluten-free and vegan snack idea. They are perfect if you have guests over, and want something a bit different than your standard snack ideas.
This recipe is also incredibly versatile – try adding cumin, garlic powder, or curry powder for some alternative flavours.
- 1 400g or 15 ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt (you can add more to taste)
- Squeeze of lime juice (optional)
- Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas, and add them to an oven proof tray or baking dish
- Pat dry with a paper towel to remove any moisture
- Add the olive oil, paprika, chilli powder and salt
- Add a small squeeze of lime juice, and mix well to evenly coat the chickpeas in the spices
- Place in a 200 degrees celsius (or 400 degrees fahrenheit) pre-heated oven, and bake for approximately 35 minutes to 40 minutes, or until crunchy
- Give the tray a shake every 15 minutes or so to ensure that the chickpeas cook evenly
- Once roasted, allow to cool before serving
- Keep a close eye on the chickpeas to make sure they don't start to burn.
- You can also sprinkle these into a salad or over a soup as a tasty crouton alternative.