Crispy Garlic and Herb Sweet Potato Fries
These sweet potato fries are made deliciously crispy with the help of some cornstarch and olive oil. Seasoned with garlic powder and dried mixed herbs, they are full of flavour and perfect as a side dish or as a snack.
A good tip for making sweet potato fries is to choose sweet potatoes that are long and similar in size. If you cut your fries into uneven shapes you may end up with some over or under cooked. I’ve tried to keep mine the same thickness but have some shorter/longer lengths due to the shape of the sweet potatoes.
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp of cornflour
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 - 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 - 2 tsp of dried mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius, or 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Start by washing and peeling the sweet potatoes
- Dry off with a paper towel, and slice into 1/4 inch fries
- Place in a large mixing bowl or zip lock bag, along with the cornflour
- Stir or shake to coat the fries evenly in the cornflour
- Add in the olive oil, garlic powder, dried herbs and salt and again shake or stir well to coat
- Place the fries on 1 - 2 baking trays, lined with baking/parchment paper
- Ensure the fries are evenly spaced
- Place in the oven for around 15 minutes, then remove and flip
- Place back in the oven for another 15 - 20 minutes, or until crisp
- Turn the oven off and leave the door open for around 5 - 10 minutes or until cool enough to eat
- Serve with some garlic aioli or ketchup on the side.
- Crispy Garlic Sweet Potato Fries - Yum Goggle - […] GET THE RECIPE […]