Vegan Banana and Boysenberry Nice Cream
Made from frozen bananas, boysenberries, maple syrup and a touch of almond milk, this nice cream is super smooth and like a beautiful sorbet or gelato in texture.
This “ice cream” recipe is perfect for when you want a quick and easy dessert, and is both dairy-free and gluten-free.
You can try different combinations of berries and flavours to go with the frozen bananas. I would love to try a chocolate chip or peanut butter combination.
I would recommend making this ice cream shortly before serving as you may find that the texture changes when you put it back into the freezer (and you want to avoid having any ice crystals on the ice cream).
Also, just a note that you will need a decent food processor in order to get the smooth consistency that you want.
- 2 frozen and peeled bananas (freeze ahead of time)
- 1 cup of frozen boysenberries
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Place the bananas and boysenberries into a food processor and pulse to combine
- Add in the maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract
- Continue blending until you get a smooth consistency (this will take a few minutes)
- You may need to stop the food processor a few times to scrape down the sides
- If you're finding the mixture hard to blend, add a touch more almond milk
- Spoon into bowls and top with a few extra frozen boysenberries, serve immediately
- You can also add some chopped nuts before serving - I added a few chopped pistachios on top.